WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) these dates. According to W3Techs market share statistics report a total of 39.6% of all websites on the internet using WordPress. And CMS market share of WordPress is no less than 64%.
On these dates, website security is a major issue. About 30,000 to 50,000 websites get hacked every day by hackers and, it was continuously increasing. Most of the website owners are ignoring the website security. Sucuri analyzed & blocked more than 170 million attack attempts in 2019 by the Sucuri Firewall. And WordPress was by far the most popular CMS among the sucuri user base, accounting for 94.23% of clients in 2019. [For your knowledge, Sucuri is the best web application firewall for CMS.]
In the 2019 sucuri userbase, 94% of all security violations happened on WordPress. For the reasons lack of knowledge & lack of sincerity. A large number of people don’t update their WordPress core, Theme, Plugins, PHP version. If we calculate the percentage of this, Then we can say it’s more than 50% of WordPress websites are running outdated. Making outdated software and core CMS files the leading causes of today’s website hack. Poorly configured theme plugin servers, improper uses of credentials, lack of security knowledge are some of them.
Keep all website software up to date with the latest security patches and updates to avoid hacker’s unwanted activities. Never use any NULL theme & plugins on your website.
Do you know? Why choosing the right hosting provider & hosting plan is one of the most essential tasks in website security? To avoid a poorly configured server & shared hosting plan. If you’re using shared hosting, that means you, sharing your server and resources with several other users. So when you shared the same server with other users, you automatically taking the risk of being attacked by a cyber attack. You might never want to share your website server with a server that has a hacked website. We recommend you to use the Managed WordPress Hosting Plan for your WP website.
The most common types of attacks:
- Miscellaneous Attacks
- Bad Bot Access
- SEO Spam
- Directory Traversal Attack
- Brute Force Attacks
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Software Vulnerabilities
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- DDoS Attacks
- URL Hacking
- Privilege Escalation Attack
- Clickjacking Attack
- MIME-sniffing attacks
According to the 2019 sucuri report, 62% of sucuri client sites contained SEO spam. Infections typically occur via PHP, database injections, or .htaccess redirects. Websites impacted by SEO attacks often become infected with spam content and redirects that send the website visitors to the spam website’s landing page. It can impact on search engine rankings, organic traffics, reputation, loss of revenue, loss of lead, browser warning, and lastly, blacklisted from search engines.
Do you know, How you protect your WP website?
Are you care about your WP website security? Here are some easy steps that you can follow.
- Hosting: We already mentioned & talk about web hosting above. That what type of web hosting you should use. Avoid poorly configured servers & shared hosting plan. Siteground is the most popular web hosting provider in most of the WordPress community, WordPress plugin theme & core developers.
- Security Firewall: We suggest you to use the sucuri web application firewall on your website. Sucuri is one of the most popular web application firewalls on these dates. It’s a premium plugin with, lower price of $199/y.
- CDN: Content Delivery Network – CDN added an extra layer between visitor and server. It helps you to protect & speed-up your website in many ways. It also prevents fake visitors (DDoS) from accessing your website. We suggest you to use Cloudflare CDN free plan. If you want to use premium CDN, then MaxCDN is a good option.
- Update: Keep all website themes, plugins, core files up to date with the latest security patches and updates to avoid hacker’s unwanted activities. Never use any NULL theme & plugins on your website. And also, delete all unused themes & plugins to make the website clean.
- Backup: Website backup is an essential part of website security. Create a regular basis database backup, If your website everyday upgrading. Or you can create a weekly or monthly basis backup as per your need & website condition. Must be trying to create and safely store Full website backup 1/2 time in a month. It helps you to restore your website if an unwanted thing happens.
- Secure Login: You can add some additional security levels to your login panel. Use an SSL certificate on your website. Don’t use a simple guessable username (admin) & use a complicated password. 2FA, captcha, and limit login attempt is an effective way of making a standard login screen. And effectively increase the security level.
If you want any help or consultation on your WordPress website security, Contact Us. We’ll assist you. You don’t want to buy an expensive sucuri security firewall plugin every year? Don’t worry! We’re experts on WordPress security. We implement 40+ custom security strategies on the WordPress website to make the website fully secure. See Here.
Here, we are giving you an excellent service in a small cast. RoyalRaft is A Trusted Online Freelance Company. We are experts in our work. Contact us for any queries. We are always free to consult or help you.